Praise God from whom all blessings flow! This morning I spoke with our children through a friend who happened to be at the orphanage. It was wonderful to hear their voices. They were playing kickball with their roommates when I called and sounded very excited and a little winded when they came to the phone.
Tanya came to the phone and recognized my voice. She said "Hello Mother!" She has been working with a volunteer English tutor and did very well. I was almost a little sad that she no longer called me Muzzer, but then she will be playing with kids here in the States very soon.
Austin apparently ran by Tanya when she called him and joyfully yelled, "HI MOTHER!" but he was still into the game. As big sisters often do, she told him, "Tell her you are GOOD." I could see his smiling face running past Tanya and pausing, just long enough to say "I am good Mother, how are you?" Then he was back in the game. A game of kickball where the temperature is in the low 80's sounds pretty good today!
We are glad they had a happy afternoon and are grateful for the volunteer who teaches English. I asked both of them what Austin would like for his birthday and what his favorite color was, that was "outside the script". I am sure we could have explained it if there was more time, but the game was going on. I said bye since we were on an international call with a cell phone, and Tanya said bye. We can't wait to see both of them!
We are very grateful to those who have generously given to the adoption fund. When the children are having a good day, like today, it would be easy to say there isn't an urgency to rescue the children, but the urgency is definitely there! An afternoon game of kickball is fun, but fleeting, and these children need to be in a loving family not in an institution.
We still have an urgent need for funds! We believe that God is faithful. Several well meaning people have commented that "If it is God's will, He will provide..." We already KNOW it is God's will. Multiple events have taken place to confirm this and God led us specifically to these children. He uses people to carry out His plan. In the story of the good Samaritan, the people who passed by were absorbed by their own agenda or assuming that someone else would meet the need of the injured man. God wants Tanya and Austin to be rescued - will you please help us if you have not done so already...or refer someone else to our blog who can contribute? Our family thanks you for your prayers, financial support, and referrals!
We are 32% towards our total goal including airfare. We have also applied for grants. Upon award of two grants, we should be 52% towards our goal. Please, please continue to share our blog with others. We have been extended to late September, but that is right around the corner! Remember, all gifts to the 501c3, are tax deductible and you will be participating in saving the lives of these children. Please go to http://www.godswaitingchildren.com/ or you can go to http://www.paypal.com/ using the email address, laurel@godswaitingchildren.com. Please reference Tanya and Austin with any contributions as this agency is working with many children. Thank you and God Bless You for your support!
Monday, August 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jeanie and Mark,
ReplyDeleteHow awesome it is that you guys got speak to Tanya and Austin. I can still remember both of their beautiful faces and smiles as if it where yesterday. It sounds like the the funds are coming in and with the new date into September, more time for God to work in peoples lives who can contribute. God has a plan and He will accomplish it. I'll continue to pray for you guys often. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you prepare for you trip.
Blessings <><,
David